PDQ Electric is a full-service firm founded in 2010 by Shane Hayes and Linda Rusk. We pride ourselves on our professionalism, our dedication to our customers and their needs, and our high standards of quality.
PDQ Electric offers 24/7 electrical services.
Our handyman division also offers a full range of home and commercial repairs. There may be no need to hire a second contractor to complete additional projects.
PDQ Electric is committed to creating a healthier environment by offering green energy solutions such as low impact lighting, solar, wind and fuel cells.
If you need any electrical work done, look for an electrician that is licensed, insured and bonded. PDQ Electrician is the only professional electrician you need!
Lighting is probably one of the biggest and most cost effective ways to save energy in your homes and business. By converting to compact fluorescents or LEDs, you can save from 66% to 90% on your lighting bills.
Compared with a 60 W light bulb, LED bulbs use a tenth of the energy, with incandescent lamps using 1000 kWh over the same time period of 50, 000 hours. CFL lights fall somewhere in between but still use more than double the amount of energy of LED.
Durability and Safety
Advantage of LED lights
The operational life of current white LED lamps is 50,000 hours. This is 11 years of continuous operation, or 22 years of 50% operation. The long operational life of an LED lamp is a stark contrast to the average life of an incandescent bulb, which is approximately 1,000 hours. If the lighting device needs to be embedded into a very inaccessible place, using LEDs would virtually eliminate the need for routine bulb replacement.
There is no comparison between the cost of LED lights vs. traditional incandescent options. With incandescent bulbs, the true cost of the bulb is the cost of replacement bulbs and the labor expense and time needed to replace them. These are significant factors, especially when there are large number of installed bulbs. For office buildings and skyscrapers, maintenance costs to replace bulbs can be enormous. These issues can all be virtually eliminated with the LED option.
The key strength of LED lighting is reduced power consumption. When designed properly, an LED circuit will approach 80% efficiency, which means 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy. The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy. Compared that with incandescent bulbs which operate at about 20% efficiency (80% of the electrical energy is lost as heat). In real money terms, if a 100 W incandescent bulb is used for 1 year, with an electrical cost of 10 cents/kWh, $88 will be spent on electricity costs. Of the $88 expense, $70 will have been used to heat the room, not light the room. If an 80% efficient LED system had been used, the electricity cost would be $23 per year – there would be a cost savings of $65 on electricity during the year. Realistically the cost savings would be higher as most incandescent light bulbs blow out within a year and require placements whereas LED light bulbs can be used easily for a decade without burning out.
“It has taken me over forty years to discover a reliable company that I would trust to work in my home. PDQ Services can perform any repair, remodel, or renovation that is needed. Mr. Hayes is also a certified electrician. Shane Hayes and Linda Rusk are versatile and skilled in the handy man business. If they do not know how to do something, they will research and network until they find a solution. They are on time, stand by their estimates and perform excellent work. If there will be delays, it is explained in full detail why the project is late.
PDQ Services is meticulous in the performance of their projects. They are simply the best!” -Kirk
“PDQ Electric is knowledgable, professional and diligent. They do their best to ensure that they completely understand what issues need attention. Once all issues are clear, they are meticulous in finding the solutions. Their work is thorough and neat.
I feel very fortunate to have them as our electrician. One could not find a better handyman and electrical service in Las Vegas!” -Denise Oliver.